Monday 21 January 2013

Insectoid character done for our homework. Decided to go with what would be a bug like robot andriod thing.. Like what you would find as the rank and file enemies in a game. I wanted it to be more of a menacing looking locust, with anthropormorphic elements. I am starting to hate my shading on it though.... I think it may need some texturing.














My reaserch for the designs was more of grasshoppers and locusts. One of the main inspirations came from Hopper from Bugs Life, especially how he was posed in the film. I also saw similarities in General grevious too, with how he had an almost insectoid exoskeleton.













These three designs were the final results, the one on the left being the prefered one which I took to drawing in front and side before finalising with the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment