Thursday 1 May 2014

For this brief, we were told to create a small asset of a revolver from a piece of concept art. It was to be 800 triangles, and with only a 64x64 diffuse map.

I started by trying to get the main body shape of the pistol sorted, by following the exact shape of the concept artwork.
I then kept adding more parts, such as the trigger and the barrel. I actually added some extra polys along the barrel, to allow it to be animated and inflate when the gun is fired. This wouldnt be done by me for this brief. I then UV mapped it and created a small simple diffuse map of the basic colours.
I then added in the normals, with rather simple boxes and circles to give it indents and grooves. I couldnt add much more, such as any text as the detail would not show up with a 128x128 normal map. The specular map was rather simple and I believe i could have maybe done better with it, and added more glossiness.


Overall Im pretty happy with the final result, although some parts could have been much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment