Wednesday 14 May 2014

SU Project

I was tasked with building a set of table and chairs, the doors and the main bar for the SU. I first did the benches and table, making two iterations of the benches after being told to drop the polygon count down. I did also finish a table too, but was told that it wasnt up to scratch late on, the model being replaced by another variant by another person while I continued on modelling the bar.

The bar was the hardest I believe to model, as I wanted to get it as close as I could to the real thing. This would have included the small tables to hold the tills and other items behind the bar, yet I was instructed to try and simplify it a lot more. I did a few variants, eventually getting the shape and poly limits right. I then textured each part of the bar separately as they would be able to be moved about if needed. I left the bar taps white as I was told they would get a chrome shader when put into Unity.
The Doors were a bit more simple than the bar, yet were still slightly complex as I made them to be animatible. I also left the glass as an untextured piece, as I was told it would be made transparent in Unity itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment