Thursday 1 May 2014

This project were told to make a set of trash from some reference photos that maxed out at 500 triangles.


This was the set of rubbish I chose to work on. The main concern for me primarily was the plastic bag, yet it actually was the folded cardboard in the centre box that gave me the most trouble. I had to compromise a little and make them be pretty solid and flat objects that I would solve through texture work.


  
 The textures for the boxes I was actually rather happy with. I had a little trouble fitting them to the UV map, as it was slightly skewed when I rendered it for some unknown reason, although I solved it by moving the parts slightly down to match the real UVW. I also changed the bag from slightly see through grey, to a black bin bag, as matching the different objects inside the bag would have been a major challenge. The only parts I am not super happy about are the cardboard inside the centre box. I think I could have made the textures slightly better and more detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment