Thursday 27 November 2014

Marauder Painting

For one of my first images I decided to paint a re-design of the Marauder Battlemech from Mechwarrior using the same techniques as Alex Iglesias, primarily as an exercise to try and improve my 2D painting. From watching a timelapse of him painting, he primarily uses a silhouette and layers the gradient shades over the silhouette to build up the shape.
From 4:50 in this video, the timelapse shows his process.
I found a perspective grid that fit what I needed to paint the mech,beginning with finding reference pictures I could use. The image is still a WIP, as I am struggling to get the mech painted cleanly. I did also start on a non Mechwarrior design, trying to use a slightly more loose painting technique, yet I am not really happy with how the image is turning out.
I hope to come back to these and finalise both images some time, as I believe both have potential, and both can help me with my work and painting technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment