Thursday 27 November 2014

Current WIP and future plans for the project

A current WIP of a small painting I wanted to do of a mechanical alien. I plan to experiment with doing some quite strong lighting in this, giving me a chance to improve and experiment. 

Under advice from Steve Goss, I also started looking at updating and designing versions of real vehicles to see how they would look in 20 years or so time. This first attempt is via using a Challenger 2 MBT. I was going to take this original sketch and draw it out better in a different position, then using the similar painting techniques as Scott Robertson to finish it.
This small sketch originally came about while testing out the Cintiq tablet and getting used to it. I liked the design for a construction or demolition robot and wanted to see if I could refine the design in the future. After taking Steve Goss' advice about trying to link my designs to real world vehicles, I started looking at JCB and CAT excavators.
The design is currently a WIP but it is something that I definately want to follow through to a finished product. 

Im hoping to build 3 very high poly models, mainly focusing on mechanical and hard surface for the designs. Along side these three main models, I will also produce a selection of concept work that will be leading up to the finalised designs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment