Thursday 27 November 2014

Preliminary research

My research originally started with looking at 3D Artists like Vitaly Bulgarov and Tor Frick. Both have worked in film and games creating extremely detailed and functional looking models of robots, vehicles and weaponry.
With Tor Frick, I looked primarily at his work he did on Wolfenstein: The New Order. The technology level of the game is not too high, being set a while after World War 2, so it shows a lot of mechanical moving parts, as well as panel lines and rivets.
For Vitaly Bulgarov I looked at his Black Phoenix Project. This was created over 7 days using some pre-made parts for the robots as well as custom made ones to create seven distinct vehicles and robots. In a contrast to Tor Frick, his work is very futuristic looking, with clean panel lines .etc.
I also had a look at a few concept artists. Scott Robertson, Sparth, Alex Iglesias and also Vitaly Bulgarov's 2D work. They all have a diverse range of styles and ways of designing and working. It gives me a few options to try and play with when working on 2D work, and thinking about how I can try and update and improve my painting by using similar techniques to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment