Friday 29 April 2016

Sci-fi bike


Another idea I had was to revisit a design I did in college, of a single wheeled half-hover bike. I was always proud of the idea and thought it quite stand out compared to other sci-fi bikes, as I hadn't really seen something similar before.

I first decided to do an overhaul of the original design, making it more streamlined like more modern motorbikes are today, and also not covering the hub-less front wheel as much. I still had some doubts over the width and how it would work proper in 3D but I decided to cross that road when I got to it. 


The model for me was a challenge to build, as I tried to create it from a single piece, extruding and stretching out polys rather than creating it piece by piece. I did create new elements for the side vanes and the wheel, but for the main body I stupidly and stubbornly thought I could do a better job at creating the flowing surface of the main body from a single piece. That being said, even through those mistakes The bike has turned out rather nice. There could be a much better workflow for it however, and I wish I started it a different way. 

1 comment:

  1. hey nice work man! can u send the complete file that you have designed? It'b be nice to see that.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete